Looking after the personal data you share with us is hugely important to Primerdesign. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us, and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience of working with us.
This policy covers how we handle personal data, including information related to your use of our website. Personal information includes information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not normally available publicly.
This policy does not apply to companies that Primerdesign does not own or control.
Information Collection and Usage
Primerdesign Ltd may collect and use users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently
- To personalise user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services
- To process payments: We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or user may contact us via our Site
We automatically record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, country, and the pages you request. We use this information to analyse our Site's usage in order to improve navigation and offer improved content.
We collect personal information when you register with us, when you request information from us (for example a free sample or quote request) and when you enter promotions.
We collect purchasing data such as your PO number and credit card number (where applicable) when you order online from us.
In areas where personal information or purchasing data is entered or transmitted we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Web Browser Cookies
We may outsource this service to third-party companies such as for example Google. We do not store any personal information about you in our cookies.
Implied Consent Policy
Currently we operate an "implied consent" policy which means that we assume you agree to this usage. If you do not agree, then you should either not use this Site, or you should delete the cookies having viSited the Site, or you should browse the Site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, "InPrivate" for Internet Explorer, "Private Browsing" in Firefox and Safari etc.)
You may choose not to allow third- party cookies on your computer by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Please see the list below for a summary on how to manage your cookie settings.
Chrome: Cookie settings in Chrome are managed under Cookies within the Privacy section. You can delete specific cookies or clear all cookies and choose to allow or block cookies. Go to Clear, enable and manage cookies in Chrome for more information on these settings.
Internet Explorer: Cookie settings in Internet Explorer are managed by going to the Internet Options on the Tools menu, and then clicking the Privacy tab. The Privacy settings slider has six settings: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies. Visit How to Manage Cookies for more information on these settings.
Firefox: Cookie settings in Firefox are managed in the Options window's Privacy panel. You can change your Firefox settings to allow you to approve or deny cookie storage requests, delete stored cookies automatically when you close Firefox, etc. See Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track for more information on these settings.
If you would like more information about cookies, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
Changing Information and Unregistering
By filling in our information form (e.g. on the web), you agree that we may use your personal data for marketing and market research.
Please complete the Data Withdrawal form on this page if you wish to update your personal data or withdraw permission to use your personal data.
In every marketing email you will receive, you can easily unsubscribe in order to stop receiving subsequent marketing emails. Any email sent out for direct marketing and for market research will be subject to our Direct Marketing and Market Research Policy.
Questions and Suggestions about this policy
+44 (0)2380 748 830
LAST UPDATED: MAY 2018