genesig Easy LysoBead Direct-to-PCR Extraction Kit
Rapid isolation of DNA from meat, water, clinical, veterinary and other samples
- Fast DNA extraction in under 10 mins
- User friendly 5 step protocol in one tube
- Works with huge range of difficult sample types
- Cost effective with no expensive equipment required
The genesig Easy LysoBead Direct-to-PCR Extraction Kit allows for rapid isolation of highly purified DNA suitable for any down-stream amplification reaction such as qPCR. Reliable DNA extraction can be obtained from the smallest amounts of source material (up to 20mg or 100µl).
The protocol incorporates mechanical disruption technology into a PCR-ready lysis formulation, allowing for a single tube preparation of DNA samples for molecular testing in under 10 minutes. This is a significant reduction in the time it taken to extract DNA from microbes with highly developed cell walls, such as gram positive bacteria, fungal and mycobacteria samples, where the lysis stage was typically augmented with either a prolonged overnight incubation, or with mechanical disruption steps.
Suitable sample types:
- Clinical and Veterinary - including swabs, spermatozoa, and urine
- Food - including meat, fish, and milk; excluding processed food products
- Environmental - including plant, soil, and water
Suitable for DNA extraction from difficult to lyse pathogens:
- Bacteria (Gram +ve/-ve) - including Chlamydia, Gonorrhoeae, Clostridium, and Streptococcus
- Virus - including HBV, HPV, HSV, and fish viruses
- Fungi, Yeast, Mycoplasma, Mycobacterium, and Protozoa