Job title: Operations Associate
Primerdesign is looking for an enthusiastic and exceptionally organised operations associate, who is looking for an opportunity to work within a fast-growing biotech business.
We are experts in real-time PCR, a molecular biology technique for detecting the presence of DNA and quantifying it. We have customers in many different industries including academia, research, healthcare, food industry and the veterinary industry selling to over 100 countries worldwide.
Working as an operations associate you will be working within a small team responsible for processing customer orders, responding to customer enquiries and helping co-ordinate the implementation and launch of new products. This position will provide experience and opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the day to day running of the operations department. The operations associate will work closely with other members of the operations team and operations manager to ensure orders and queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in similar operational role. Excellent organisational skills and outstanding attention to detail are essential for this role. The ability to work well within a team and have strong communication skills is also key. Part of this role will involve writing procedures for laboratory work therefore a science background or knowledge would be beneficial. Experience of working with a quality system is also advantageous. Primerdesign takes pride in delivering consistently exceptional customer service; therefore, it is important that candidates applying for this role should enjoy striving to provide excellent customer service, going above and beyond when necessary.
- Contribute to day to day running of operations department; processing customer orders, responding to customer enquiries, and helping with order dispatch.
- Co-ordinate, plan and help organise the implementation and launch of new products
- Provide support and deliver excellent service to our customers.
- Investigate and help solve issues or complaints raised by customers.
- Work according to our ISO13485 quality system
- Write and review manufacturing documents and product documentation.
- Work with the operations manager and quality manager to implement and communicate changes to products or processes internally
- Ensure excellent communication between departments to enable smooth introduction of new products or processes.
Job title: Logistics AssistantJob Summary
Primerdesign is looking for an enthusiastic and organised Logistics Assistant, who is looking for an opportunity to work within a fast-growing biotech business. We are experts in real-time PCR, a molecular biology technique for detecting the presence of DNA and quantifying it. We have customers in many different industries including academia, research, healthcare, food industry and the veterinary industry selling to over 100 countries worldwide.
Working as a Logistics Assistant you will be working within a small team responsible for packing and dispatching Primerdesign products for our customers. This role will involve checking product stock, maintaining levels of packaging supplies, liaising with couriers and customers as well as packing products for transit and dealing with shipping related paperwork. The Logistics Assistant will work closely with the Logistics Manager as well as other departments to ensure our on time delivery objectives and customer service levels are maintained.
- Ship all customer orders in a timely manner
- Ensure customers are notified about shipments and delays to orders
- Monitor stock levels
- Pack products for stock and to send to customers
- Generate order and customs paperwork
- Arrange collections with couriers
Candidates must have good organisational and communication skills as well as a co-operative and practical attitude to working with others. Experience of working within a logistics or customer service department would be beneficial as would experience of working with a quality system.
Job title: Quality Specialist (Maternity Cover – 12 months)Job Summary
Primerdesign develop and manufacture qPCR detection kits for the RUO and diagnostic markets. The Quality Specialist role will be at the centre of a fast paced and energetic environment that calls for a confident and agile approach in leading projects, investigating and solving problems and working collaboratively promoting Quality throughout the company.
The Quality Specialist will work alongside a group of intelligent, driven young professionals where they will be given the freedom to work autonomously to identify good practice, provide specialist advice and create/implement new process across the company. They must be able to work with minimum supervision, while reporting directly to the Quality Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To provide a positive and focused internal audit function, identifying good practice and risks and providing recommendations that will increase productivity and compliance.
- Promote and help to maintain a culture of continual improvement, using investigative skills through the CAPA process, through managing change and its associated risks and by working positively with all parts of the business to implement policies and process.
- Understand the technology used, the manufacturing process in place and provide specialist knowledge during product development, process/equipment validation and post market activities to ensure that decisions are made and the correct advice is given when needed.
- Report risks and issues to the Quality Manager identifying impact on the quality objectives of the company.
- Through the use of Entropy, the company quality management software system, ensure all deviations, actions and changes are investigated and completed in a timely manner and are effective.
- Supporting and promoting the company document management system.
- A BSc, or equivalent, in a relevant life sciences or quality discipline
- 2-4 years experience in working within quality teams in an ISO13485 medical device setting
- Experience of working with ISO9001
- Knowledge and training in Risk Management
- Knowledge of the IVD Directive and CE marking process
- Qualified internal auditor
We always enjoy meeting smart people who might like to join us. If you have a scientific background and are interested in working for an exciting, fast-growing bio-tech company then send us a CV. Cake making skills desirable but not essential.
Primerdesign was founded in 2005 by Jim and Rob. Both were academics from the University of Southampton with no ideas about what to do next with their careers. So they tried starting a company doing what they were best at – real-time PCR. With virtually no money in the bank (and virtually no idea how to run a business) they set out to become the best supplier of custom designed real-time PCR kits in the World.
Since that humble beginning the company has gone from strength to strength – Thousands of customers in over 100 countries around the World and fantastic reputation in the field. Jim and Rob still run the company and still love the new challenges that it brings every day. Primerdesign now consists of a substantial team of friendly experts, all dedicated to giving our customers a fantastic experience and all thriving in a highly professional but relaxed environment.
Where we are now
Primerdesign is a place where people are given freedom and creativity in their jobs. There is no hierarchy. People are encouraged to take ownership of their area of influence; to shape it, to change and above all, to make it better. People with initiative and creativity thrive. We like to move fast. If someone has a good idea one day we want to all being doing it the next day. We like to enjoy ourselves and take every opportunity we can to celebrate our successes. Our offices and laboratories are modern, highly functional and fun filled places that we have specifically designed to help us do all these things. We have thousands of happy customers all over the World and a real ambition to drive our business forward and achieve much much more.
Who we want
Friendly We want friendly people. We’re all friendly and our customers love that fact. We want to provide a personal friendly service to every one of them. And we want to thrive in an environment that is a relaxed and friendly place in which to work.
Dedicated We want people who love giving outstanding service. As a team we are dedicated to looking after our customers. To giving them an experience with a biotech supplier that they have never experienced the like of.
Expert Our reputation is built on expertise in real-time PCR. We want to flood our company with more and more people who are truly expert in their field. More real-time PCR experts of course, but experts in other areas of business are crucial for our success too.
Professional We want professionals. We want to ensure that all of our customers and all of our team are thoroughly looked after. It’s a fun place to work, but also one where we strive to do the useful things that bigger companies do too. We want to better ourselves, to progress our skill sets and to build successful careers.
If you would like to work for Primerdesign, but do not see a suitable role advertised above, you can still send us a speculative a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com