Job title: Research Associate
Primerdesign is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Research Associate for an opportunity to join an expanding R&D department within a fast-growing and friendly biotech business.
We are experts in real-time PCR, a molecular biology technique for detecting the presence of DNA and quantifying it. We have customers in many different industries including academia, research, healthcare, food industry and the veterinary industry selling to over 100 countries worldwide.
An exciting new venture for the company lies with developing kits and services in collaboration with some of the industries largest players. There’s a chance to you the chance to make a difference to the future healthcare industry as well as build on your skills and wider network. As a Research Associate, your primary role will be to develop and test products to ensure regulatory and customer requirements are met.
- Assist in the design and written protocols for development studies, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory standards (eg IVD Directive or CLSI guidelines).
- Assist in the execution of development studies, ensuring compliance with all applicable laboratory practices.
- Assist in the data analysis and report writing of development studies, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Contribute to the developing kits and services for our business customers.
- Support CE marking project scientist to manage and ensure validation plans are in line with strategy.
- Participate in R&D project team meetings as needed.
- Assist with laboratory and assay design-related tasks as and when asked. This may include the development and optimization of new and existing products.
- Ensure the completion of research-related documentation (including technical summaries) in line with an ISO13485 quality management system.
- Provide regular progress reports on assigned projects.
- The provision of expert technical support for customers may be required.
- Candidates should have as a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 2 years’ experience within a similar role in industry.
- Previous PCR knowledge and hands-on experience is a must.
- Valuable clinical samples will be handled frequently so strong laboratory experience and confidence is essential.
- The ability to work well within a team and have strong written and verbal communication skills is critical.
- Excellent organisational skills and outstanding attention to detail are required for this role.
- Experience of working within a quality system is highly advantageous, particularly ISO 13485.
- Previous experience in scientific product development or creating complex study designs desired.
- Previous statistical data analysis experience would be beneficial.
- Experience handling Hazard Group 2 organisms in a Category 2 Laboratory would be of interest.
To apply or for more information, please email email@example.com
Job title: Customer Service Representative
To provide customer support for UK Sales team, with priority to line manager
- £18-£21k plus commission; OTE in the region of £26k; full-time.
- Providing administration support for the line manager/commercial sector.
- Managing sales follow-ups (quote/sample/order) within the UK and Ireland Sales Team but a focus on the commercial sector.
- Preparing quotes and samples within the UK and Ireland Sales Team but a focus on the commercial sector.
- Promoting the complete Primer design catalogue.
- Farming activity to help retain existing client base.
- Planning and managing line manager’s diary.
- Managing conference participation.
- Provide very basic technical support for incoming UK traffic.
- Organising events e.g. Gold Sponsored Student Day.
- Proving support for marketing projects through knowledge of customer base.
- Providing help during meetings e.g. organising refreshments.
- BSc in Life Sciences
- qPCR knowledge
- Customer service experience
To apply or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We always enjoy meeting smart people who might like to join us. If you have a scientific background and are interested in working for an exciting, fast-growing biotech company then send us a CV. Cake making skills desirable but not essential.
Where we came from
Primerdesign was founded in 2005 by Jim and Rob. Both were academics from the University of Southampton with no ideas about what to do next with their careers. So they tried starting a company doing what they were best at – real-time PCR. With virtually no money in the bank (and virtually no idea how to run a business) they set out to become the best supplier of custom designed real-time PCR kits in the World.
Since that humble beginning the company has gone from strength to strength – Thousands of customers in over 100 countries around the World and fantastic reputation in the field. Jim and Rob still run the company and still love the new challenges that it brings every day. Primerdesign now consists of a substantial team of friendly experts, all dedicated to giving our customers a fantastic experience and all thriving in a highly professional but relaxed environment.
Where we are now
Primerdesign is a place where people are given freedom and creativity in their jobs. People are encouraged to take ownership of their area of influence; to shape it, to change and above all, to make it better. People with initiative and creativity thrive. We like to move fast. If someone has a good idea one day we want to all being doing it the next day. We like to enjoy ourselves and take every opportunity we can to celebrate our successes. Our offices and laboratories are modern, highly functional and fun-filled places that we have specifically designed to help us do all these things. We have thousands of happy customers all over the World and a real ambition to drive our business forward and achieve much much more.
Who we want
Friendly We want friendly people. We’re all friendly and our customers love that fact. We want to provide a personal friendly service to every one of them. And we want to thrive in an environment that is a relaxed and friendly place in which to work.
Dedicated We want people who love giving outstanding service. As a team we are dedicated to looking after our customers. To giving them an experience with a biotech supplier that they have never experienced the like of.
Expert Our reputation is built on expertise in real-time PCR. We want to flood our company with more and more people who are truly expert in their field. More real-time PCR experts of course, but experts in other areas of business are crucial for our success too.
Professional We want professionals. We want to ensure that all of our customers and all of our team are thoroughly looked after. It’s a fun place to work, but also one where we strive to do the useful things that bigger companies do too. We want to better ourselves, to progress our skill sets and to build successful careers.
If you would like to work for Primerdesign, but do not see a suitable role advertised above, you can still send us a speculative a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com