Job title: Technical Sales Representative
Due to the success within sales, we are looking to expand the UK sales team and want to recruit a Technical Sales Representative to join our substantial team of friendly experts.
- Field based sales role (OTE up to £35k uncapped)
- Field based (covering South of UK)
- Competitive basic salary plus car allowance, mobile phone, laptop, pension scheme, 25 days holiday
To maintain and develop relationship with clients to increase sales.
- Managing accounts within the south of the UK, with a large focus on academia;
- Account management to retain existing client base;
- Data mining/hunting activity to drive growth;
- Promoting the complete Primerdesign catalogue;
- Preparing quotes and samples;
- Managing follow-ups;
- Planning and managing face-to-face client meetings;
- Managing conference participation;
- Provide basic technical support;
- Training of customers.
- Organised self-starter;
- Strong completer/finisher;
- Good work ethic and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication talents;
- Co-operative and helpful attitude;
- Real-time PCR experience with post-graduate qualification essential.
To apply or for more information, please email email@example.com
Job title: In House Sales Representative
Main duties and responsibilities
To develop relationship with clients using the telephone and other types of digital tools to actively increase sales, within a defined region. The activities of this role will be measured by the achievement of agreed sales targets. The successful individual will also be expected to play an active role supporting Sales and Marketing colleagues.
• Office based sales role (up to £25k basic +commission)
• Using telephone and digital tools to drive sales growth
• Development, refinement and implementation of successful telephone/customer scripts
• Data mining/account hunting activity to drive growth;
• Account management to retain existing client base;
• Managing accounts, with a large focus on developing new sales and expanding customer base
• Target, identify and secure new customers and accounts
• Promoting the complete Primerdesign catalogue;
• Preparing quotes and samples;
• Managing follow-ups;
• CRM management and maintenance
• Occasional field visits to customers;
• Provide basic technical support;
• Training of customers.
• Give regular feedback, such as reports, on the competitive landscape
• Actively look for new opportunities for the Company through customer contact and feedback
• Strong, personable telephone manner
• Organised self-starter and self-motivator;
• Resilient completer/finisher;
• Good work ethic and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent communication talents;
• Co-operative and helpful attitude;
• Real-time PCR experience ideal;
• Biological science post-graduate qualification essential.
To apply or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We always enjoy meeting smart people who might like to join us. If you have a scientific background and are interested in working for an exciting, fast-growing bio-tech company then send us a CV. Cake making skills desirable but not essential.
Primerdesign was founded in 2005 by Jim and Rob. Both were academics from the University of Southampton with no ideas about what to do next with their careers. So they tried starting a company doing what they were best at – real-time PCR. With virtually no money in the bank (and virtually no idea how to run a business) they set out to become the best supplier of custom designed real-time PCR kits in the World.
Since that humble beginning the company has gone from strength to strength – Thousands of customers in over 100 countries around the World and fantastic reputation in the field. Jim and Rob still run the company and still love the new challenges that it brings every day. Primerdesign now consists of a substantial team of friendly experts, all dedicated to giving our customers a fantastic experience and all thriving in a highly professional but relaxed environment.
Where we are now
Primerdesign is a place where people are given freedom and creativity in their jobs. People are encouraged to take ownership of their area of influence; to shape it, to change and above all, to make it better. People with initiative and creativity thrive. We like to move fast. If someone has a good idea one day we want to all being doing it the next day. We like to enjoy ourselves and take every opportunity we can to celebrate our successes. Our offices and laboratories are modern, highly functional and fun filled places that we have specifically designed to help us do all these things. We have thousands of happy customers all over the World and a real ambition to drive our business forward and achieve much much more.
Who we want
Friendly We want friendly people. We’re all friendly and our customers love that fact. We want to provide a personal friendly service to every one of them. And we want to thrive in an environment that is a relaxed and friendly place in which to work.
Dedicated We want people who love giving outstanding service. As a team we are dedicated to looking after our customers. To giving them an experience with a biotech supplier that they have never experienced the like of.
Expert Our reputation is built on expertise in real-time PCR. We want to flood our company with more and more people who are truly expert in their field. More real-time PCR experts of course, but experts in other areas of business are crucial for our success too.
Professional We want professionals. We want to ensure that all of our customers and all of our team are thoroughly looked after. It’s a fun place to work, but also one where we strive to do the useful things that bigger companies do too. We want to better ourselves, to progress our skill sets and to build successful careers.
If you would like to work for Primerdesign, but do not see a suitable role advertised above, you can still send us a speculative a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com