Job title: Technical Sales Representative
Field based (covering UK & Ireland)
Competitive basic salary plus commision, car allowance, mobile phone, laptop, pension scheme and 25 days holiday.
To maintain and develop relationship with clients to increase sales
- Managing accounts within the UK and Ireland, with a large focus on academia;
- Account management to retain existing client base;
- Data mining/hunting activity to drive growth;
- Promoting the complete Primerdesign catalogue;
- Preparing quotes and samples;
- Managing follow-ups;
- Planning and managing face-to-face client meetings;
- Managing conference participation;
- Provide basic technical support;
- Training of customers.
- Organised self-starter;
- Strong completer/finisher;
- Good work ethic and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication talents;
- Co-operative and helpful attitude;
- Real-time PCR experience with post-graduate qualification essential.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Design and Research Assistant (Permanent Full-time)
Competitive salary plus bonus, pension scheme and 25 days holiday and other benefits.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- The design and development of assays for our custom qPCR kits, genesig and snpsig range; this involves development of primers and probes based on sequences provided by the customer or available online.
- Ordering required components for kits.
- Running feasibility checks and determining the possibility of developing assays to detect pathogens or isoforms of genes.
- Acting as a design consultant to the research and development department.
As part of their research assistant role the candidate will be involved in the following:
- New product development
- Current product reconfigurations.
- Completion of research-related documentation (including technical summaries) in line with an ISO13485 quality management system.
- The provision of expert technical support for customers.
- Assisting with other laboratory based tasks as and when asked.
Qualifications and experience required
- Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline and 1-2 years laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of commonly used technical concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to use general laboratory equipment.
- Ability to independently follow protocols and resolve problems without general instruction.
- Demonstrable PCR experience and experience with bioinformatic tools.
We always enjoy meeting smart people who might like to join us. If you have a scientific background and are interested in working for an exciting, fast-growing bio-tech company then send us a CV. Cake making skills desirable but not essential.
Primerdesign was founded in 2005 by Jim and Rob. Both were academics from the University of Southampton with no ideas about what to do next with their careers. So they tried starting a company doing what they were best at – real-time PCR. With virtually no money in the bank (and virtually no idea how to run a business) they set out to become the best supplier of custom designed real-time PCR kits in the World.
Since that humble beginning the company has gone from strength to strength – Thousands of customers in over 100 countries around the World and fantastic reputation in the field. Jim and Rob still run the company and still love the new challenges that it brings every day. Primerdesign now consists of a substantial team of friendly experts, all dedicated to giving our customers a fantastic experience and all thriving in a highly professional but relaxed environment.
Where we are now
Primerdesign is a place where people are given freedom and creativity in their jobs. There is no hierarchy. People are encouraged to take ownership of their area of influence; to shape it, to change and above all, to make it better. People with initiative and creativity thrive. We like to move fast. If someone has a good idea one day we want to all being doing it the next day. We like to enjoy ourselves and take every opportunity we can to celebrate our successes. Our offices and laboratories are modern, highly functional and fun filled places that we have specifically designed to help us do all these things. We have thousands of happy customers all over the World and a real ambition to drive our business forward and achieve much much more.
Who we want
Friendly We want friendly people. We’re all friendly and our customers love that fact. We want to provide a personal friendly service to every one of them. And we want to thrive in an environment that is a relaxed and friendly place in which to work.
Dedicated We want people who love giving outstanding service. As a team we are dedicated to looking after our customers. To giving them an experience with a biotech supplier that they have never experienced the like of.
Expert Our reputation is built on expertise in real-time PCR. We want to flood our company with more and more people who are truly expert in their field. More real-time PCR experts of course, but experts in other areas of business are crucial for our success too.
Professional We want professionals. We want to ensure that all of our customers and all of our team are thoroughly looked after. It’s a fun place to work, but also one where we strive to do the useful things that bigger companies do too. We want to better ourselves, to progress our skill sets and to build successful careers.
If you would like to work for Primerdesign, but do not see a suitable role advertised above, you can still send us a speculative a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com